bowling

bowling

Sunday 4 December 2016

The Livepool City Council care portal

Read the harrowing story of Michelle Daly.

"The new social worker, the second in two months, looked from Marie to me. Marie had been assessed and offered a permanent place in the respite home she had visited over a five year period, originally introduced through Liverpool City Council. It had been 2 and 1/2 months since we had applied and six weeks since assessment had been completed so I was expecting this new social worker to come with good news."

"Instead, he said, 'If we give you more support could she continue to live at home?' "

"I was taken aback. I'd been asking for more support for years, but now it was too late. Years of struggling had ruined my health and I told him so."

"He nodded towards Marie. 'You won't get your choice of home because she's going to be offered for tender on the care portal.' He stated."


"Now I was confused."


"'Offered for tender on the care portal?' I repeated the words hanging in the air. 'Care providers will bid for her.' "

"Call me stupid but I still didn't understand."

"'What do you mean, bid for her? I asked him."

"'She'll be put out to tender and we'll see what offers come in. We usually take the lowest' he laughed."

"I went to speak but couldn't get the words out. I had never heard anything like it in my life. It was beyond my realm of perception. I just could not grasp what he was saying. 'You don't mean advertise her on the internet, do you?' I asked expecting him to maybe laugh and tell me not to be so daft but instead he nodded."

Read more https://michelledaly.blogspot.co.uk/2016/11/city-council-tender-adults-with.html?m=1

No comments:

Post a Comment